Institute of Fuel Research and Development (IFRD), BCSIR
Institute of Fuel Research and Development (IFRD) launched its journey as the Fuel Research Division of the East Regional Laboratories of PCSIR in Dhaka in 1955. In 1967, it was renamed as Fuel and Petrochemical Science & Technology Division of East Regional Laboratories. After the independence, it was renamed as Fuel Division of BCSIR Laboratories, Dhaka. In 1980, the Institute of Fuel Research and Development was established as a separate Institute of BCSIR with two Divisions named Research division and Application division.
Remarkable Functions of IFRD:
Remarkable Achievements of IFRD:
Professor Dr. Md. Aftab Ali Shaikh
August 26, 2020, Professor. Md. Aftab Ali Sheikh joined as Chairman of BCSIR.
Dr. Shahin Aziz
Director (Addl. Charge)