The Institute of Fuel Research & Development (IFRD) launched its journey as the Fuel Research Division of the East Regional Laboratory, Dhaka in 1955. In 1967 it was renamed as Fuel & Petrochemical Science and Technology Division of East Regional Laboratory. After the independence it was again renamed as Fuel Division of BCSIR Laboratories, Dhaka. IFRD was established as a separate Institute of BCSIR in 1980.
Professor Dr. Md. Aftab Ali Shaikh
Dr. Shahin Aziz
Director (Addl. Charge)